Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Harsh Reality





Just got some more pictures from our favorite pilot. Another reminder of how thankful I am for our soldiers whose lives are constantly on the line. I know I'm about to get into my cozy, warm bed and sleep in peace because of the sacrifices that they are making at this very moment. I won't, however, drift off to sleep without saying a prayer for them first. He also sent us an amazing gift of an American flag which flew in his helicopter along with a certificate which reads in part "this flag logged 8.5 combat flight hours during MEDEVAC missions between 26-29 August 2008. It was flown by the soldiers in the face of enemy, illuminated in the dark by the light of justice, and bears witness to the removal of terrorist forces threatening the freedom and liberty of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Iraq and the World. It was flown with great pride and honor, in the skies over Iraq aboard a UH-60A Blackhawk providing direct combat support for Operation Iraqi Freedom." It was then signed by Greg and 4 other soldiers on board. Love it. Now just looking for the perfect way to display it in our home.

2 comments:

natasha-nolan said...

Please thank your brother for us. We say a prayer each and every night for our soldiers as well. Thank God for our soldiers who fight for our freedom each and every day!!

ourgrowingfamily said...

oh thanks natasha! that means alot to us.