Sunday, March 1, 2009

Meet Puddles The Salamander

 

 

 

 

My good friend Melissa e-mailed the other night offering Ally a salamander that her husband's biology class had just finished studying. Ally was thrilled! Puddles looks like an alligator/snake combination and is big, much bigger than I anticipated! We bought another tank, dirt and crickets (yum!). She already has 2 anoles that can't live in harmony so they occupy 2 separate tanks. So yes, we now have 2 lizards, 1 salamander, 2 african dwarf frogs and 3 dogs. Did I mention that I'm not a huge animal fan!! Mammals I can tolerate but anything other than that, no thanks. The good news is that the house we're buying has a basement where we can set up a table for all the tanks. I love that Ally has something that truly interests her though. She checks on them daily, feeds them, talks about them constantly and even researches them. She thinks Tim (our friend that's the biologist at the University) has the best job ever. She's hoping he'll still be teaching at Clemson when she's in college!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bountiful Blessings said...

lol..good for ally. i remember when she got her first hermit crab...i shudder just thinking about it. you are such a nice mom :)

natasha-nolan said...

Oh my...you are a brave mama :)
Hugs and squeezes to your beautiful family!

One Crowded House said...

Puddles is very cute :)