Saturday, July 5, 2008
On the Lake
Another fun filled day on the boat. We had more excitement than usual on this trip though. Everyone was swimming, eating, digging in the sand and Brent was tossing a few fishing lines over. Brent always lets the kids reel in the fish when one is on the line. They pulled in a couple sunfish, admired them and let them go. Oliver was in charge of reeling in the 3rd catch which just about pulled him off the boat!! Turned out it was a big turtle. Not a snapper though so no problem everyone carried on as usual. The next nibble was the catch of the season. We reeled in a huuuuuge snapping turtle. Noone seemed to want to swim in that spot after that! I didn't get a photo of that one cause nobody would get close enough to pose with it. Just as we started the grill big black clouds moved in. We packed up and headed to our house for our bar-b-que out of fear of lightning! Never did rain though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
looks like you need to look up recipes for turtle soup... bleck!
Hey Alyssa!! I saw your blog listing when I left a comment on Jennifer's. Bryce is getting so big and handsome and the girls are as beautiful as ever!! We definitely need to get together for a playdate soon so we can catch up!! Keep enjoying the lake :)
Your children are beautiful...have I ever told you that?!?
Post a Comment